Revamped Demon

Before:

and after I read Saraquael's coloring tutorial

c/c please...

Gilae 17 years ago
Trakanon!!

I think it's hawt. The only c/c I could give is it seems his skin should have some kind of texture and shading especially around the bottom/back area. The head looks really 3D but he seems to lose some dimension on the bottom. I love the exposed skull!
ROzbeans 17 years ago
Oh wow, its amazing how the color technique can make such a difference. Coloring still escapes me but other than what gilae said about texture, maybe doing some irridescent shimmering or scales, that looks 1000x's cleaner and
DriftingEvil 17 years ago
how does something lose its 3d, i really dont see it? what's irredecent shimmering? Are you saying that it should continue to either darken or lighten on the leeward to the light source?

thank you for very much for your help and im glad you guys like it I figured that after seeing Saraquael's work, everything would be concidered superfulus (sp?)(usage?)(i should really avoid using words I learn from Pirates of the Caribiean)
Gilae 17 years ago
My "art" vocabulary is lacking since I really need some skewling on it Let me see if I can express what I meant better. The neck portion looks a bit flat versus having a round look to it or having a textured scaly look to it. It contrasts the head which really pops out of the page and looks very 3D. I possibly mean all that about the lighting on the leeward side...but it's too early in the morning to be sure hehe.

Irridescent...kind of shiny and glowy and possibly multicoloured is what she means by that. And again since I'm asleep still...here's the dictionary definition that might be more helpful:

ir·i·des·cent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-dsnt)
Producing a display of lustrous, rainbowlike colors: an iridescent oil slick; iridescent plumage.
Brilliant, lustrous, or colorful in effect or appearance: “The prelude was as iridescent as a prism in a morning room” (Carson McCullers).
Gilae
My "art" vocabulary is lacking since I really need some skewling on it Let me see if I can express what I meant better. The neck portion looks a bit flat versus having a round look to it or having a textured scaly look to it. It contrasts the head which really pops out of the page and looks very 3D. I possibly mean all that about the lighting on the leeward side...but it's too early in the morning to be sure hehe.

Irridescent...kind of shiny and glowy and possibly multicoloured is what she means by that. And again since I'm asleep still...here's the dictionary definition that might be more helpful:

ir·i·des·cent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-dsnt)
Producing a display of lustrous, rainbowlike colors: an iridescent oil slick; iridescent plumage.
Brilliant, lustrous, or colorful in effect or appearance: “The prelude was as iridescent as a prism in a morning room” (Carson McCullers).

I get it. You're right, it's neck really does look a little steam-rolled. Ill try some scales
k i've added quite a bit more again... but i can not find a scale texture that i like. Nothing seems to run with the rest of the style of the pic. I dont really have anything linear, so classic hash-marked scales just dont look good. Anyone wana give me a hint here
might as well post what i did today. does this help with the 3d perspective on the neck at all? c/c please

Gilae 17 years ago
HAWT!

Put him on a scary background and I'll have nightmares!
I seriously love the venom drool...and his stomach and back look much thicker. Nice work