Diners

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diner

One third of all currently operating diners in the world are located in New Jersey.
http://www.njdiners.com/

Hark! Ye unwashed heathens, and realize how depraved ye be on accounta bein deprived at never having partooken of the greatness of Ye Jersey Diner!

And realize ye lost ones that tho Ye Greasy Spoon dost engender heart attack worthy pallor, a diner cannot be considered such if it closes at 10pm!

ie

Share a slice of the pie, choke down a mug of old coffee and realize that the stereotypes herewith presented are barrel bottom places that give diners their good name!

This post brought to you by the letter D, the number 4, and a heapin' serving of boredom.

Den 16 years ago
LOL!!

Quite amusing!
Laschae 16 years ago
There are no diners in my town I'm being deprived of my greasy nasty foods.
ROzbeans 16 years ago
Those are the best burgers EVER. I love diner burgers. The baby wants one now =x
Mileron 16 years ago
Some of my favorite foods can be found at diners.

-Decent mozzarella sticks (Silver Diner, Cherry Hill)
-Awesome french onion soup (Empire Diner, Hamilton)
-A fried egg sandwich that doesn't taste like plastic or rubber (Country Club Diner, Voorhees)
-A toasted pastrami sandwich that tastes like meat (Berlin Circle Diner, Berlin)
-Corned beef and cabbage so bland and yet so tasty you'd think you were Irish (Marlton Diner, Marlton)
-Cream-cheese filled sweet rolls (see above)
-Snapper soup better than most seafood restaurants (Golden Dawn Diner, Maple Shade)

Some things just can't be duplicated.
Den 16 years ago
I've never been in a diner. I've never even SEEN a diner.
Mileron 16 years ago
Den;84598
I've never been in a diner. I've never even SEEN a diner.

See? What'd I tell ya?

Depraved on accounta bein deprived.

See, now you definitely need to visit Jersey.
Calimaryn 16 years ago
I had never seen a diner before I moved to CT. I don't really think Waffle House's in TN count honestly. Good breakfasts but nothing much for me. Like 99% of the restaurants out there I guess.
Den 16 years ago
Oh I've been to Waffle Houses...in North Carolina...but I thought they were just like breakfast restaurants....
Verileah 16 years ago
<3 Waffle House waffles.

Dog gammit, now I'm hungry :\.
Linus 16 years ago
-A toasted pastrami sandwich that tastes like meat (Berlin Circle Diner, Berlin)

That is Palace Diner and I live within walking distance from there. There are no diners like Jersey diners, all else pale in comparison and I know because I travel for work and I have tried a diner in 8 different states now. Lousiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Tennessee, Ohio, Pennsylvania. Oh 9 states and Oklahoma. I realize I have many more to go but I will keep you posted, though I am confident in my previous statement.
Linus 16 years ago
PS. I make my judgements based on the chicken parm.