STOP - REDO!!! =x

Yes I fucked up permissions.
No, you were not suppose to see 'that forum'.
Yes, we're redoing roles.
Yes, it's my fault.

Stand by.

FyreGarnett 15 years ago
it's okay Roz - we still luv you!!!

(hey - i'm just glad i remembered this started today!!!)
ROzbeans 15 years ago
All roles are being reassigned and the Mafia Board has been deleted so there will be no trace of previous role assignments. Both Veri and I are at work now so please have a little patience until we can resend out the role PM's.

Again I'm sorry guys, but at least this is fixable.
Blackrabbit 15 years ago
No worries Roz. Honest mistake, and nothing that can't be re-done. I can have patience. *twitches* Really. *twitch* I can!

FyreGarnett 15 years ago
fixable is always good!

might need to toss BR some carrots to keep her busy though....
Blackrabbit 15 years ago
I'm allergic to carrots.

And, ironically, rabbits.

There's no hope. *sob*
ROzbeans 15 years ago
Disaster averted! Please check your PM's!
Jinheim 15 years ago
kind of sucks if you had a fun role the first time around :-\
SnowDragon 15 years ago
Ahhh just blame it on the hormones
ROzbeans 15 years ago
Yes it's the beans fault! And yeah, sorry for the do over, guys. =/
Jinheim 15 years ago
ROzbeans;86105
Yes it's the beans fault! And yeah, sorry for the do over, guys. =/

I'll forgive you.

This time.............
MEC 15 years ago
Wait...

Blackrabbit is allergic to...herself?

But if she's still alive, that must mean she's the doctor and she always saves herself.

The clues are already coming.

We can't let the mafia know she's the doctor.
Blackrabbit 15 years ago
Wait wait. Don't rabbits have 9 lives?

Or is that elephants?
Den 15 years ago
It's elephants, but they can never remember how many they have left.
MEC 15 years ago
So, when will the game start?
Verileah 15 years ago
Tonight! Scene is coming, first lynch will close tomorrow.
MEC 15 years ago
How hard is it to write the story and scenes?

Edit to add: After posting this is seemed like criticism to me, I'm just asking because I'm curious.
Verileah 15 years ago
This particular one is kind of long and unwieldy just because there's a lot to cover - the mafia, the serial killer, and laying some groundwork to set the tone of the game. A lot of it can't be written until roles are distributed because we have to work in clues. And then discuss the clues. And then remove the clues and put in new ones until it's all juuuust right.

I think overall, we get a little better at doing this every time - I say that in spite of the false starts and early sputters. The role PMs are a new thing that we've only started doing since The Stand, and each game we go a little deeper with background story. I'd like to think we're also a bit more organized and thoughtful with our story arcs.

I don't know how to answer your question in terms of 'hard' or 'easy'. I've been non stop working on mafia stuff for the past couple of days (except when I'm at work), so I personally might have lost perspective at this point. But this first part, bringing everything together, is the hard part, at least for me. Once the game gets rolling, it's a gravy train unless there's player drama. I'll also say that the better the planning, the more smoothly the game goes. Most of the hitches come from RL things or problems communicating.

It does get difficult to come up with new ways to kill a person. By now, you guys have seen it all. We do hope to swing a few surprises your way, however. Hey, what else are you going to do in null g?

...don't answer that :X.
God 15 years ago
Rawr, I'm GODLY! Check out my Godliness!

*clears throat* The scene is posted!
ROzbeans 15 years ago
It's fucking hard, all credit should go to Veri because seriously I was lost lol. I had no idea how much went into prepping for a game.
Jinheim 15 years ago
For me it really depended on whether or not I had any good ideas. Sometimes I just couldn't think of a clever or interesting way to off someone so I ended up with mediocre scenes that took me forever to write. When I had a great idea, though, I could write pretty quickly and the scenes turned out well.