Fresh Fruit Tart
Fresh Fruit Tart
Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 10 mins Rest Time: 2 h Total Time: 40 mins
- 8 ounce(s) sour cream, light or fat-free
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut, shredded
- 2 1/2 cup(s) assorted fresh fruit (such as sliced peaches, sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pitted dark sweet cherries, sliced bananas, and/or sliced mango)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup(s) shortening
- 4 tablespoon water
Calories: 138, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 86mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 7g, Sugars: 5g, Carbs: 17g, Cholesterol: 2mg, Protein: 2g
Exchanges: Other Carb: 1 , Fat: 1 , carb choices: 1
Fresh Fruit Filling:
1. Preheat oven to 450Ã‚Â°F. Prepare Single-Crust Pastry. On a lightly floured surface, flatten the ball of dough with your hands. Roll dough from center to edge into a circle about 11 inches in diameter. To transfer pastry, wrap it around the rolling pin. Unroll pastry into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Ease pastry into tart pan, being careful not to stretch pastry. Press pastry into fluted side of tart pan. Trim pastry to the edge of the tart pan. Prick the bottom and side of pastry generously with the tines of a fork.
2. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
3. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and sugar; spread over cooled crust. Cover and chill for up to 2 hours. To serve, sprinkle with half of the coconut; arrange fruit on top. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/3 cup shortening until pieces are peasize. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of the mixture; gently toss with a fork. Push moistened dough to the side of the bowl. Repeat moistening dough, using 1 tablespoon cold water at a time, until all the dough is moistened (4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total). Form dough into a ball.