Dark Hunter Series

Is this where we talk about books? Any books? (if not. . .pleas meve to proper place in crayon box)

I have read the best (in my opinion) series of books with yet another new one coming out in Feb. It is called the DARK HUNTER series by Sherilynn Kenyon.

I will write a short review later. . .just wanted to know if anyone had heard of thes besides me or has read them.

Lillyanna-Windmane 14 years ago
A great series! I've read them all as well, though I've only had to wait for the last few books as I didn't get into them until the middle of last year.

Did you read the little Fury mini? Seemed a bit hurried, but it was still good.
ROzbeans 14 years ago
I haven't, what's it about?
quiarrah 14 years ago
Oh me too! I think I had to wait for one of the later books and of course Archeron. . . .and now Dream Warrior.

No. . .I didn't see the Fury mini. . . is it in the back of one of the books or is it separate?

I read the one she did with a few other authors also. . . Dead After Dark. . . I liked 2 of the stories. .the others I really didn't care for.One of them was of course Sherilynn Kenyon!

I think I like them because they aren't really Vampire novels as I never got into Anne Rice or this new TWILIGHT that is out.
quiarrah 14 years ago
ROzbeans;103495
I haven't, what's it about?

Dark Hunters are ancient Roman or Greek Warriors who had a really hard life. They are now in the service of Artimis to help protect mankind from a race of Vampires called Daemons or Spathi Daemons. . .A dark hunter cannot roam in the sun. . .or they will die a miserable death which is why they are often mistaken for Vampires themselves. .they also have fangs.
The story takes place in Modern day New Orleans. . .and they are not supposed to actually mingle with humans. . .although they of course do because they are men. .they fall in love. . .which is again a no-no. . . .but if they do. . . they do have a chance of getting their soul back. . .and still live forever.

There is comedy. .romance. . .SEX. . . .and it is just an awesome book! You have to read them. . . if you want a list of them in order. . . go to the Dark Hunter website (yes. .there really is one) and the author give you a list there. They can be found in ROMANCE in any book store. I got all of mine at Borders.
Eve 14 years ago
Dark Hunters, Dream Hunters, and Werehunters! Oh my! I've tried to tell ya bout them too I think Roz My second fav series after Anita. Fantasy Lover is actually the first book that gets it started. Tho the hero in that one isn't really a Dark Hunter, he is tied in with the whole Greek gods and such.
Lillyanna-Windmane 14 years ago
quiarrah;103496
Oh me too! I think I had to wait for one of the later books and of course Archeron. . . .and now Dream Warrior.

No. . .I didn't see the Fury mini. . . is it in the back of one of the books or is it separate?

I read the one she did with a few other authors also. . . Dead After Dark. . . I liked 2 of the stories. .the others I really didn't care for.One of them was of course Sherilynn Kenyon!

I think I like them because they aren't really Vampire novels as I never got into Anne Rice or this new TWILIGHT that is out.

The dead after dark one was the one about Fury in that book. I honestly didn't read the other two I shipped sent it to my sister as soon as I was finished with that part. I call it a mini because he had a whopping what, 100 pages if that? It was still good though.

I haven't looked to see when the next comes out, I'm really looking forward to Nick's book though!
quiarrah 14 years ago
Dream Warrior is due out February 6 or something like that. I have it on advance order at Borders. . .s:
MoonLily 13 years ago
I've read up all the way through Stryker's story and I have to say... I love the series, but they are starting to get a bit rushed and formulated. *waits for the stones to hit her* My first real disappointment with the Dark Hunter series came with Acheron. The first half was wonderful if sad... then the second half, was a bit rushed and far too short for my liking. Overall it's a good series, but the Author is starting to lose some of her shine in my honest opinion. Her later books are starting to seem a little recycled, storywise.
Den 13 years ago
I couldn't get into her writing, but my daughter is a huge fan, and couldn't wait for the Aucheron edition. I'm curious now to talk to her to see if she liked it or not.
quiarrah 13 years ago
MoonLily;104712
I've read up all the way through Stryker's story and I have to say... I love the series, but they are starting to get a bit rushed and formulated. *waits for the stones to hit her* My first real disappointment with the Dark Hunter series came with Acheron. The first half was wonderful if sad... then the second half, was a bit rushed and far too short for my liking. Overall it's a good series, but the Author is starting to lose some of her shine in my honest opinion. Her later books are starting to seem a little recycled, storywise.

I know what you mean. . ..although I still like the books. . they do tend to have the same thing in them now except that the names have been changed. . *to protect the innocent* LOL. . . .(old. . .O L D . . . Dragnet saying. . LOL)
But Archeron really brought you up to speed about who he is and why he is the way he is. . .(umm. . did that make scnce??)
Lillyanna-Windmane 13 years ago
MoonLily;104712

I couldn't agree more. I sat down and read the series from start to Acheron, with very little waiting between the books. You could definately see the rush to get some books out. Acheron was so huge, but there was so much to tell, it still could have been more detailed or even a second going. The books since haven't been horrible or anything, but I'm thinking we're going to end up being disapointed when it comes to finding Nicks Book.
MoonLily 13 years ago
quiarrah;104721
I know what you mean. . ..although I still like the books. . they do tend to have the same thing in them now except that the names have been changed. . *to protect the innocent* LOL. . . .(old. . .O L D . . . Dragnet saying. . LOL)
But Archeron really brought you up to speed about who he is and why he is the way he is. . .(umm. . did that make scnce??)

Acheron is still my swirly-eyed dumplin buns but I'm still disappointed with the rushed route taken on the second half of the book. I would have happily paid double (and I went and preordered the hard copy of that book four months in advance of release in my excitement) if she'd split him into two books.