The DaVinci Code 5/06

Man I hate seeing good previews for movies that aren't scheduled to be released until after i turn 32. =/

Directed by: Ron Howard

Credited cast:
Tom Hanks .... Robert Langdon
Ian McKellen .... Sir Leigh Teabing
Alfred Molina .... Bishop Aringarosa
Jean Reno .... Bezu Fache
Audrey Tautou .... Sophie Neveu

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code

I think the casting is spot on. Tom Hanks fits the 'handsome yet not too terribly handsome' description of Robert Langdon.

Guest 18 years ago
Yay for Audrey Tatou, Ian McKellan is not chubby enough, and boo on Tom Hanks.
ROzbeans 18 years ago
Ian is how i pictured him, but yeah i guess he was suppose to have a tummy. I think Tom Hanks seems perfect, or Bob what's his name from Independance day, who played the president, he woudl've been perfect too.
Guest 18 years ago
Bill Pullman? He would have been WAY better. I just don't see Tom Hanks and his pube head making a good Langdon - not attractive enough. Plus I think he's just totally played out.
Temprah 18 years ago
Don't know the story never read the book but I agree.. anything with Tom Hanks = no see for me.. I just don't like him, way over exposed...
blazyn 18 years ago
the only book i've read because i actually enjoyed it in a long long time. i cant wait
m2 18 years ago
You know how sometimes you go to a movie and you think 'that was pretty good, now I want to read the book' (and the book is always better) (uh, there should be a question mark somewhere in the preceding (for lack of a better word) sentence).

Well I found the book entertaining, but it made me want to look stuff up (Like from more credible sources than Dan Brown) I like history and what-have-you, and even though any good Catholic will tell you that The Church, founded upon The Rock that is Peter (have you read *his* bio?) is infallible etc, I've always been a fan of the underdog, and have an open enough mind to enjoy having the top dog taken down a notch. I think to be fair however, some serious liberties were taken with reality (but as I recall I picked the book up from the fiction section....)
Also, I thought the end of the book was kinda disappointing anyway.

Oh look, I'm rambling....

I think that a movie, rushed out because of the sucess of a novel (which in my opinion ended flat), and (yes Ryala, I tend to agree with you) starring Tom Hanks, is bound to have a noticeable suckage factor.
Which is not to say I won't go see it, though I probably won't because I don't know that Ruth will want to see it, so I'll end up waiting for it to come out on video or something... (I digress).
Cidwin 18 years ago
after readin it i bought his other book with langdon as the protagonist.. angels & demons.. almost from the start i thought i was reading the same book over again. the way things happen, the twists were all in there just like davinci code. both start with him getting a fax in the middle of the night of some dead guy. right then i was kinda like wtf. i never pictured hanks playing langdon.. if anything a young John Voight. i agree with m2.. they are just tryin to make a buck off the novel with its lingering popularity.
Mai 18 years ago
Yeah I didn't picture Tom Hanks in that role either...maybe he will be a surprise good job but ,meh, who knows.
Lasairduan 18 years ago
Ugh...I hate the DaVinci code...even though he does tell everyone it's fiction, that guy has caused more misconception about our history than the church ever has.
Guest 18 years ago
What's with the Snape hair on Hanks?
Sergon 18 years ago
Lasairduan
Ugh...I hate the DaVinci code...even though he does tell everyone it's fiction, that guy has caused more misconception about our history than the church ever has.

Heh the Priory of Sion . People are suckers. Browns book fooled so many people. Ill go see the movie because I found it good fiction.

http://www.fiu.edu/~mizrachs/poseur3.html

S
ROzbeans 18 years ago
I think Hanks is looking a little hot there. What's with the chick drowning? I don't remember that in the book. GRRRRR
Lasairduan 18 years ago
Sergon
Heh the Priory of Sion . People are suckers. Browns book fooled so many people. Ill go see the movie because I found it good fiction.

http://www.fiu.edu/~mizrachs/poseur3.html

S

Hehe, my usual username is usually SiON42. :

I just hate it because I've been studying the things he so casually misleads people on for over 15 years...since I was 10 years old. And now there's tons of experts out there that have a degree in Dan Brown's DaVinci Code. Ugh.
Guest 18 years ago
ROzbeans
I think Hanks is looking a little hot there. What's with the chick drowning? I don't remember that in the book. GRRRRR

I think I missed that in the trailer, but I don't remember it in the book either.

I dunno, the trailer just seemed...not exciting.
Addi 18 years ago
i gotta read this book, i cant believe i havent read it yet...before the movie comes out.
Mylec 18 years ago
Ryala
Bill Pullman? He would have been WAY better. I just don't see Tom Hanks and his pube head making a good Langdon - not attractive enough. Plus I think he's just totally played out.

Bill Pullman? Are you kidding me???

Hanks may not be as good looking but that is irrelevant. The character of Langdon is supposed to be intelligent. Bill Pullman has the intelligence (and acting abilities) of an eggplant.

Hanks may not be the best choice (although I can not think of any better atm) but Pullman would ruin the movie IMO.
Jinheim 18 years ago
George Clooney would have been the best Robert Langdon. Clooney plays pretty much the same character in every movie he is in, and that character happens to be exactly like Dan Brown's male leads.
ROzbeans 18 years ago
I think Tom Hanks looks like how I pictures Langdon in the book. Although Bill Pullman...I don't know, he would've been good too. He's a decent actor. If it had been Clooney, I would've just been staring at him and not paying attention to the movie. =x
Mileron 18 years ago
Full trailer posted on Yahoo