ANGELS AND DEMONS OOC

Move this if needed, I didn't want to post it in the other section and get attacked by angry mods.

HALP I DONT NO WATS GOING ON?????????????????

Are we going to be angels or demons? Are we dead? Are we there yet? Is this like Resident Evil? Am I in purgatory? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Should I bother getting in-depth with my character's profession if he's just going to die before the game starts? HAAAAAAAAAAAALPS

ROzbeans 13 years ago
You're in a bank and it locks down. The security guards are dead. The good guys (townies) will be lead by the Demons. The bad guys (mafia) are angels. It's ironic. Get it? Anyway - last man standing - that team wins. So either there's an Apocalypse or you get to walk out of the bank alive.

Oh and some zombies thrown into the mix for fun.
Wystro 13 years ago
Are the people in the bank influenced by angels and demons, or are they actually angels and demons? If they are actually A&Ds, will they have wings and horns or just look like regular people? Will they all pretend to be people, or all claim to be demons (townies) or what?
ROzbeans 13 years ago
The trick with mafia games is that you have no idea who anyone is - so in this case, everyone will appear human. Period. In the scenario I said that 'everyone has a little of one side and the other' - but you won't know who you are until roles are passed out. Angel or demon - you look like a normal human being.

As far as claiming to be one thing or another - that's all part of your strategy. Some people come right out and say what they are (or lie about it). You don't have to, but only the Mafia will know each other. Townies, title roles - they have no idea.
pharren 13 years ago
I'm still not sure what's going on. Do our characters know they are angels/demons beforehand? Or are they all transmogrified into angels/demons by whatever mysterious event "killed" the guards in the bank? The former seems a bit strange to me... what are the chances of everyone in the bank being an undercover angel or demon? lol. EXPLAIN PLEASE FOR I DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
pharren 13 years ago
Or is it just the angels that are undercover, and the demons will be NPCs which appear in order to lead the townies?
ROzbeans 13 years ago
Think of it this way - everyone's inner pendulum is slightly off balance, meaning either it swings GOOD or swings EVIL. The Mafia/angels will be trying to end the world - killing the opposition. The Townies/Demons are of course trying to stop the Mafia, killing them all before they wipe everyone out.

Everyone walked in as simple human beings, but everyone has a little more of one side in them. So suspend disbelief a little and go with the idea that God and Lucifer will be influencing their teams, having a hand in what happens. Obviously it'll be up to the player's ingenuity and ability to stay alive and kill off everyone else. Mafia Angels will know each other, but the Townies, like in all games, will not. No one is going to sprout horns or wings - it is really just metaphorical.

Did I answer your question or are you seriously asking how exactly teams will be chosen? Either you get a demon card or an angel card. You're either mafia or townie. Those people, you people, will play accordingly.
pharren 13 years ago
No, you answered it. I thought we were literally going to be/become angels or demons.
Vulash 13 years ago
Thank God, I thought this was a Dan Brown themed illuminati game at first. So basically I just make a normal person set in today's time period?
Slipnish 13 years ago
Hrmm...

What about the other roles? Are they "special creations"? Roles like sheriff, doctor, psycho killer? Where are they in this panoply of angelic grace and disgrace?
pharren 13 years ago
The serial killer is obviously an athiest.
Slipnish 13 years ago
So Rush Limbaugh would have us believe.
ROzbeans 13 years ago
Special roles will be decided by the amount of people that sign up. So maybe a serial killer, maybe a mad bomber...just depends. And yes, you are a normal person in a bank called upon to decide man's fate in the coming apocalypse. That's all. =)
Gongaa 13 years ago
I'm skeert. :'(
Vulash 13 years ago
Gongaa;97529
I'm skeert. :'(

The first ploy????
Wystro 13 years ago
Do we talk on the same thread as the kill? I don't want to be completely obnoxious and talk all over the wrong area.
ROzbeans 13 years ago
Definitely, you can talk in the kill thread. Discuss anything regarding that kill.
Gongaa 13 years ago
lol @ whoever registered Mr. Green on the forums.

Way to point Ethan to the BATHROOM OF DEATH, big guy.
ROzbeans 13 years ago
That's me, he's just an NPC lol
ROzbeans 13 years ago
It's been a while so I forgot - RP responses to the kill are in the KILL thread (labeled IN CHARACTER), chit chat discussions out of character go in the labeled DAY of OOC discussion thread.
pharren 13 years ago
Random question not related to the activities of the day: Are all the bank staff with us? My character still wants to get his freak on with that one hot teller over there.